Please click the post heading to read the full post.
Types of solar energy system
- Solar power system that produce electrical power
- Solar heating systems
Solar power systems that produce electricity uses photovoltaic cells that covert sunlight to DC electrical energy whereas solar heating systems use sunlight to heat liquid or air and then transfer solar heat directly to interior space. Solar power system that produce electrical power can be further classified in two categories.
- Grid tied solar power systems : Grid tied solar power systems collect DC power produced by photovoltaic cells and grid tied inverter is used to convert the energy ready to use in building or to feed any excess of energy back to the grid and credited into your monthly bill by utility company.
- Off grid solar power systems : Off grid solar power system collect DC power produced by photovoltaic cells and store it in the battery bank. Then Off grid inverter is used convert energy ready to use in the building. This type of system is commonly used where grid power is not available like camping, portable power purposes.
Why solar energy
There can be different reasons for every individual who want to install a solar power system or provide installation services of solar power systems. It is always great to be connected to the grid because you are connected to an unlimited source of energy not even realizing how much energy you are using. It is now possible to enjoy the benefits of solar energy while remaining connected to the grid. We just want to express our thoughts on the subject.
- Motive to install a small solar power system for a experimental person may include collecting data to improve efficiency of a solar energy system.
- Some companies may decide to choose solar energy to reduce their utility bill.
- Incentives offered by the Governments may motivate some individuals or business to go for solar energy.
- Some individuals or groups can choose solar energy to play their role to reduce carbon footprint.
- Remote communities might be interested to install an off-grid solar power system just because it is not possible to connect to a grid.
Cost of solar power system
Cost of solar power system range from $3/per watt to $6/per watt. Larger the system lower the cost. Further it largely depends on the layout of installation site.